Thursday, February 18, 2010

~It is Good to Eat Pastry~

Hello everybody…today I just want to talk a little bit of cake..one of the type in pastries. Do you know anything about cakes when you eat it..you smell it and you taste it with your tongue?

Yes, you read that right! There are health benefits to cake. At least I think so. Here’s why…

Firstly, you try to imagine for a moment that everything bad you’ve heard about cake is true. The refined sugar, the bleached flower and hydrogenated oil… bad for you.

But what about the positive chemicals your body releases when you experience the joy of cake? Not to mention the mental health benefits caused by the enjoyment of a tasty, fresh, heavily frosted piece of your favorite variety.

As I’ve admitted before, I’m not a scientist but i`m a student studying in chemical engineering and I have made some research about pastry for my blog. And I’m OK with that. But I do know (first hand) that the daily grind, often devoid of joy, takes a major toll on us.

Study after study tells us what’s bad for us. Don’t eat refined foods, don’t breathe, don’t use plastic, don’t ingest one million gallons of anything — not even water (there are prescription drugs in there you know).

But who has done a study on the BENEFITS of cake? Or the benefits of anything enjoyable for that matter.

The point is that joy has great power. What we believe has a direct effect on what becomes reality.

I’d like to see a study of people who do everything as healthy as possible, with one slight catch. Take all the joy out of their lives. My guess is that the lack of joy will crush any benefits of organic anything.

So, go ahead, eat that piece of cake. Enjoy it. It just might save your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment